Comments can be posted on your blog posts from the public, so long as comments have been enabled. This is disabled by default, so please request this if you wish for comments to be enabled. When a user comments, it will be held in moderation, so it will not be displayed to the public until you have approved it. When you log into the back end of your website, the comments button on the sidebar may have a number next to it, this means there are comments to be moderated. Click on this button to go to the comments page.
There are 6 actions you can currently perform with comments:
- Approve – comment will be displayed on the blog post.
- Reply – allows you to reply to the comment. Comment will be approved if you reply.
- Quick edit – within the same window, allows you to edit the comment.
- Edit – opens up a new window, allowing you to edit to comment in more detail.
- Spam – marks the comment as spam, and does not display it on the blog post.
- Trash – deletes the comment.
As well as these actions being performed on a comment individually, you can perform any of the above actions on multiple comments at the same time. This is done by ticking the check box on to the left of every comment you wish to edit, and selecting the action in the ‘Bulk actions’ check box, then clicking apply.