This payment gateway allows customers on your website to pay via credit card, or from their Paypal account.
Setting up a PayPal account
- Navigate to paypal.com
- Up the top navigation area, click the Business button.
- Click Get started now or a button along the lines of Sign up now
- Select the appropriate country and language, and select Get started under the Business section.
- Input your information and follow their prompts.
- Ensure you verify your email address – Paypal will send you an email with a link to click on, click on this to verify your email address.
Retrieving money from your paypal account
- Navigate to paypal.com.
- Log into your account.
- On the top navigation, click the Withdraw button.
- Click on Withdraw funds to your bank account
- The first time doing this, you will be prompted to enter in a bank account to save. Enter your bank account details and click Continue.
- Select the amount of money to withdraw into your bank account and click Continue.
Cost of paypal payment gateway
This payment gateway has no set up costs, and no recurring fees. There is a transaction fee, which at the time of writing is 3.4% + $0.45 NZD per transaction. Click here for the current rates.